Because what the director is saying is that Billy Dee "Colt .45 It Gets The Job Done" Williams had sex with men, too.

"Oh, and there's no SJW crap in this movie -- unlike Episode VII and VIII it's delightfully free of nonsense..."

I haven't seen the movie, so perhaps what I have read is wrong:

"Lando Calrissian is pansexual, according to Solo: A Star Wars Story’s co-writer...

(Director/writer) Kasdan told Huffington Post he wanted to bring more LGBTQ representation into the Star Wars universe, and wish he pressed a little more to have that representation visible in Solo.

“There’s a fluidity to Donald and Billy Dee’s [portrayal of Lando’s] sexuality,” Kasdan told the Huffington Post. “I mean, I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity ― sort of the spectrum of sexuality that Donald appeals to and that droids are a part of.”

I haven't seen the old Star Wars film with Billy Dee Williams for quite some time, but I don't recall him being pansexual.

Because what the director is saying is that Billy Dee "Colt .45 It Gets The Job Done" Williams had sex with men, too.

When Billy Dee Williams says in an interview that "Yes, Lucas and I discussed this back then, and we were in total agreement that I wasn't only into chicks and I made sweet sweet love with men, too" I will gladly admit that I missed this subtext.

The issue isn't the sexuality: it is that the sexuality is later added to a character that had no hint of this exposition to begin with.

Create an amazing new pansexual character, sell the toys and bedsheets.

But don't make a sequel to "Mean Girls" and have the gay character Damien turn out to like young boys, just to create frisson.

Comments